Marshmallow bears are the subject of a product recall. Sold in several department stores, these food products pose risks. Read all about it in this article.
Why a product recall?
Product recalls are intended to inform and protect consumers. They can relate to all kinds of products. Of the meat with cheese, biscuits with milk.
When authorities recall a product, it is because it poses a risk to consumers. There are several reasons why a product may be recalled. For instance, it may contain bacteria such as listeria or salmonella. There may also be a labeling issue.
In some cases, products may contain allergens, but this is not indicated on the packaging. They are therefore recalled to prevent people with allergies from consuming them.
Recall of boxes of marshmallow bears
Recently, a product invented over 50 years ago was recalled. This is the authentic little marshmallow bear. Manufactured by Cémoi, these chocolates have gone through the years without losing their popularity.
They are always very popular with the French, whether they are children or adults. The reason these recalled marshmallow chocolates contain metallic foreign bodies. Their consumption can cause serious injury.
This is why the DGCCRF calls for caution. Here are some details about the reported products. The recall concerns several boxes. Boxes of 1 kg of marshmallow teddy bears. These marshmallow bears are from the Carrefour Classic brand and were on sale throughout the France.
The recalled lots are:
- Lots with international item code GTIN 3560070521715 and a minimum durability date of May 31, 2023.
- Batches bearing the international item code GTIN 3560070521715 and whose use-by date is June 30, 2023.
These lots have just been withdrawn from sale. If you have any at home, please do not consume them. You can throw them away or return them to the store before October 7 for a refund.
Also note that Carrefour’s consumer service is at your disposal for any further information. This service is available Monday to Saturday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Here is his Crystal number: 0 805 5000 85.
Other Recalled Marshmallow Products
Several lots from the Ourson to authentic marshmallow are being recalled. These are 421g boxes, mega gourmet format. They have been put on sale throughout France and are dangerous for consumers. The recalled lots are:
- Lots whose numbers begin with L22140, L22141, L22144, L22145 and L22146. Their international GTIN is 3173289206009. Their expiry date is May 31, 2023.
- Lots starting with L22155 and L22165 have an international GTIN of 317328920600. Their minimum durability date is June 30, 2023.
For information, these products have been in circulation in France from June 1 to September 7, 2022. The authentic little polar bear in marshmallow is also the subject of a recall procedure.
Presented in a 180g sachet, the product was sold in several department stores. These stores include Carrefour, Amazon, Auchan, System U and Leclerc.
It should be noted that the recall concerns several batches.
- Lots starting with L22136, L22137 and L22143 with international GTIN item code 3173289215285. Their expiry date minimum is May 31, 2023.
- Lots whose numbers begin with L22234, and L22235. They have a barcode of 3173289215285 and a best before date of August 31, 2023.
The recalled products also include Les Irrésistibles, black marshmallow, cocoa nibs. Sold in several regions of France, they have not been marketed since September 7, 2022.
The following batches are affected by the recall procedure:
- Batches whose numbers begin with L22143 and L22144 and whose GTIN article code is 3173287715008.
- Batches whose numbers begin with L22189 and L22192 and whose barcode is 3173287715008.