Lyon crushes Angers, AC Milan offers the derby against Inter, Real wins against its runner-up, Bara does not lose ground, Liverpool slows down in the derby, Manchester City also loses points, Chelsea overthrow, Tottenham revive before OM, Bayern fall on a bone, Juve must before PSG… Discover the highlights of Saturday’s matches in Ligue 1 and in Europe.
Toko Ekambi and Lacazette scored against Angers (5-0)
The main results in Europe: Everton 0-0 Liverpool, Chelsea 2-1 West Ham, Tottenham 2-1 Fulham, Aston Villa 1-1 Manchester City (Premier League), Real 2-1 Betis, Real Sociedad 1-1 Atletico, Sville 0-3 Bara ( Liga), Fiorentina 1-1 Juve, Milan 3-2 Inter, Napoli 2-1 Lazio (Serie A), Union Berlin 1-1 Bayern, Leverkusen 2-3 Freiburg, Frankfurt 4-0 Leipzig (Bundesliga).
1. Lyon smashes Angers! At the end of a match mastered from start to finish, Lyon easily beat Angers (5-0) in the context of the 6th day of Ligue 1. Les Gones won thanks to goals from Toko Ekambi (31st, 59th) , Lacazette (38th), Lukeba (62nd) and Dembl (88th). OL continue to score points and temporarily climb to the podium, 3rd place. On the other hand, the SCO continues to worry…
2. AC Milan offers the derby against Inter! At the end of a very animated derby, AC Milan defeated their enemy, Inter Milan (3-2), during the 5th day of Serie A. Following Brozovic’s opener (21st) for the Nerazzurri, Stefano Pioli’s team woke up and scored three goals: two by Leao (28th, 60th) and another by the French Giroud (54th), well served by the Portuguese. The reduction of the score by Dzeko (67th), freshly entered, did not change anything and Milan, well helped by an excellent Maignan in the cages, occupied 2nd place in the standings. Inter are ranked 6th.
3. PSG do the job. On the power play for more than an hour, Paris Saint-Germain easily won Nantes (3-0)during the 6th day of Ligue 1, thanks to a double from Mbapp (18th, 55th) and a goal from Nuno Mendes (68th). PSG joins Marseille at the top of the standings and is full of confidence before facing Juventus Turin in the Champions League next Tuesday. To read the debrief and the NOTES of the players, it’s here!
4. OM are preparing well before Tottenham. Co-leader of Ligue 1 with PSG, Olympique de Marseille has dropped out a fourth victory in a row in the Auxerre league (2-0). With this 5th success in six games, thanks to goals from Gerson (8th) and Sanchez (83rd)OM are continuing their good start to the season and preparing perfectly for their first Champions League meeting against Tottenham on Wednesday. To read the debrief and the NOTES of the players, it’s here!
5. Real alone in the lead. On their ground, Real Madrid defeated their current runner-up, Betis Sville (2-1), during the 4th day of La Liga. Vinicius Junior (9th) had quickly opened the scoring for the Merengues, before the exit on injury of the Frenchman Fekir in the crowd then the equalization of Canales (17th). But Madrid resisted the pressure and finally regained the advantage during the second half by Rodrygo (65th) on a good service from Valverde. With four victories in as many games, the White House continues its faultless and now occupies only the top of the standings..
6. Bara outclasses Sville, Kound shines. FC Barcelona did not provide details for win at FC Sville (3-0). Goals from Raphinha (21st), Lewandowski (36th) and Garcia (50th) were enough for the Xavi band to impose their domination, while Kound distinguished himself by offering two decisive assists against his former club. Second in the Spanish championship standings, Bara continues to gain momentum and keeps the pressure on the leader, Real Madrid, who still have a two-point lead.
7. Liverpool brake in the derby. After two consecutive victories, Liverpool was held back in the derby against Everton (0-0) on Matchday 6 of the Premier League. A match removed during which the two formations touched the posts (Davies for Everton, Diaz, Nuez and Salah for Liverpool). With this third draw of the season, the Reds provisionally point to 6th place and could already be up to 9 points behind the leader, Arsenal, in the event of success at Manchester United on Sunday (5:30 p.m.).
8. Despite Hland, Manchester City also drops points. After racing in the lead against Aston Villa (1-1) on Matchday 6 of the Premier League, thanks to a goal from the inevitable Hland (50th) – who scored dj for the 10th time this season – Manchester City was finally caught in the score on a great achievement by Bailey (71st). Hang on, the Pep Guardiola band will be satisfied with regain 2nd place Tottenhamthanks to a better goal difference than Spurs.
9. Stunning Chelsea! Chelsea won against West Ham (2-1) this Saturday, not without shaking! Because after overthrowing the Hammers, who had first scored by Antonio (62nd), on goals from Chilwell (76th) then Havertz (88th), the Blues almost conceded the equalizer at the end of the game, but the VAR finally canceled the goal of former Lyonnais Cornet for a foul suffered by goalkeeper Mendy at the start of the action. A precious success that allows Londoners to move up to 5th place in the standings.
10. Tottenham revives. Three days after a draw against West Ham, Tottenham got rid of Fulham (2-1) thanks to Hojbjerg (40th) and Kane (75th). Third in the standings, Antonio Conte’s Spurs, still undefeated in the leaguetemporarily gain a point from the leader, Arsenal, and remain confident before welcoming OM on Wednesday for the first day of the Champions League.
11. Bayern fall on a bone. On the ground of Union Berlin (1-1), Bayern Munich lost new points – a week after his draw against Borussia Mnchengladbach (1-1) – on the occasion of the 5th day of the Bundesliga. With his French Pavard, Upamecano and Coman, but also the Senegalese Man as starters, the German champion conceded the opener through Becker (12th), before immediately equalizing on a goal from Kimmich (15th). With this unfavorable result, the Roten remain 3rd in the standingsequality of points with their adversary of the day.
12. Milik goalscorer, but Juve must. After its victory against La Spezia (2-0) on Wednesday, Juventus Turin did not succeed in chaining on the lawn of Fiorentina, during the 5th day of Serie A. Despite the opener of the score of Milik (9th), author of his second goal in two appearances in the bianconero jersey, the Old Lady, jostles and dominates, conceded a draw (1-1) following the equalization of Kouam (29th) for the Viola. Juve are in 5th place in the two-point ranking of co-leaders Napoli and AC Milan, and not reassured before facing PSG in the Champions League.
13. Naples offers Lazio! Naples responded perfectly to AC Milan, winner of the della Madonnina derby against Inter Milan (3-2), by offering a prestigious success on the field of Lazio Rome (2-1). Yet trailed by the early opener from Zaccagni (4th), the Azzurri reversed the situation thanks to Kim Min-Jae (38th) and a goal from the popular player, Kvaratskhelia (61st). The Neapolitans therefore regain the lead in the standings.
14. Atletico hooked by Real Sociedad. Atletico has t hangs on the field of Real Sociedad (1-1) during the 4th day of La Liga, after having nevertheless quickly taken the advantage thanks to an achievement by Morata (5th). The Spaniard then thought to double the bet before the break, before seeing his goal disallowed for a hand. A regrettable scenario for Diego Simeone’s men since Sadiq (54th) ended up equalizing. Atletico have 7 points out of a possible 12 and sit 6th in the standings.
15. The Old Firm for Celtic. On the occasion of the 6th day of the Scottish championship, Celtic corrected Glasgow Rangers (4-0) in the Old Firm. Thanks to goals from Abada (8th, 40th), Jota (32nd) and Turnbull (78th), the Bhoys continue their clear lead in the standings with six wins in six games and now have a 5-point lead over the Gers, who concede their first defeat of the season.
What did you think of these results in Ligue 1 and in Europe? Feel free to comment in the comments section below.